Church of Dagon
From New Babbage Department of Records and Archives
In the late 1830s, Captain Obed Marsh returned from a long journey to the South Seas and founded The Esoteric Order of Dagon in the Massachusetts town of Innsmouth. In 1846, it was left to Obed Marsh and his Order to salvage the ravaged town, which had been hit by a plague leaving half of it's inhabitants dead.
All of Innsmouth’s churches were shunned as the unenlightened believed it was the centers from which the disease were spreading. The churches were closed and converted to meeting halls for The Order. The town became shunned by the surrounding villages due to fear of contamination, and the Marsh family maintained its benevolent control over Innsmouth until the town's destruction at the hands of the United States government.
Other branches of The Order survived, and we are one of them. The meeting hall, located in the Coronet Gardens district of New Babbage, is an abandoned Freemasonry temple converted for use by The Order. A Masonic symbol remains in place over the entrance.
Inquiries into The Order by interested parties or potential members, or questions concerning the artifacts on site may be addressed to the Director of The Order in New Babbage, Samielle Hastur. However he will determine whether or not he desires to answer.
The chapter in Babbage has had it's share of misfortunes. One of it's priests was found dead in it's halls, another (Stormy Stillwater) was deposed for being too open with the public among other things, and it has even been torched once.